Alexa, the voice service that powers Amazon Echo, provides capabilities, or skills, that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice. Examples of skills include the ability to play music, answer general questions, set an alarm or timer and more.
The Alexa Skills Kit is a collection of self-service APIs, tools, documentation and code samples that make it fast and easy for you to add skills to Alexa.
At this hands-on skill building workshop, the Alexa Skills Kit team will be onsite to help you add your own skills to Alexa.
This workshop is designed for:
- developers and non-developers alike interested in building an Alexa skill
Please note, prior to arriving, it is highly recommended that you do the following:
- Sign up for an Amazon developer account (free)
- Sign up for an AWS account (free tier – but CC required for signup)
- Download sample templates to your desktop here: https://github.com/alexa/skill-sample-nodejs-fact
- For the best experience, please bring a laptop. A tablet does not provide the multi-tab capabilities you will want.
Please note: This workshop has limited capacity and an RSVP is required. You can register in advance here.