- Jump to Resources:
- Social Conversation
The use of AI and bots is rapidly expanding in newsrooms across the globe, with obvious advantages as well as disadvantages. If you have been interested in exploring what the adoption of artificial intelligence could mean for you, check out this panel. Our panelists, each specializing in different applications of AI, will discuss examples of use, best practices, pitfalls to avoid, and more, as well as be on hand for questions.
- Justin Arenstein is an ICFJ Knight Fellow recognized internationally as an expert in data-driven journalism and related new media technologies.
- Andrew Haeg is the founder of GroundSource, and a recent RJI Fellow focused on using technology to help newsrooms more effectively engage their audiences, and make their journalism more reflective of and responsive to the communities they serve.
- Antoine Amann is the Co-founder and CEO of Echobox, a service which uses AI to to help news outlets share and promote their work effectively.
- Toby Abel is the Cofounder & Chief Technology Officer of Krzana, a real-time search engine for structured data that uses AI to improve your newsgathering.
- Dmitriy Kachin is Head of Partnerships for Chatfuel, a platform for creating AI chatbots on Facebook.
Please note: This talk is adjacent to the Midway, in Washington Room 6