We’ve changed the Midway programming approach for ONA17 to give attendees more insider information and best practices. This year will feature 10 panel discussions highlighting Midway participants’ areas of expertise, unique data, research and industry analysis — no pitches, no fluff.
Audience Engagement Through Video: Live, Mobile, and More
Friday, Oct. 6, 12-1 p.m. – It can be hard to keep up with new ways to rapidly create high quality video pieces. In this session, panelists will discuss how to engage your audience, particularly if you’re producing on-the-go via mobile devices or streaming. Additionally, attendees will learn best practices of editing in the field, going live and usefully analyzing engagement. This session will be useful both for content creators and distributors.
- Shaheryar Popalzai, International Center for Journalists. Popalzai, an ICFJ Knight Fellow, has partnered with three Pakistani news organizations to help them produce interactive news stories and the country’s first 360° videos for news.
- Antonio Bolfo, Verse, an interactive video development platform.
- Will Jamieson, Stre.am, a mobile service that allows you to livestream, connect and subscribe — and share your videos.
- Chris Demiris, Luma Touch, a full-service video editing platform for the iPad.
- Blaiss Nowak, Cinamaker, a platform that brings multi-camera shooting and on-camera video editing to mobile devices.
Be sure to stop by each of these panelists’ booths for demos in the Midway and attend this session for an expert crash course in new video technologies.